1998 Chevrolet Truck no heat

LANGDO101
  • 1998 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have no heat both lines going to heater core are hot and the blend door actuator is off and its always on hot
Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 AT 4:03 PM

I LOOKED AT YOUR QUESTION

OTHERS HERE MAY GIVE YOU A BETTER ANSWER THAN I

JUST TO MAYBE GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO GO ON

I FOUND THIS DIAGRAM IN "PRODEMAND"

THERE MAY BE OTHERS, BUT WITH THE LACK OF INFO IN YOUR POST, I DID SOME GUESSING

I RESEARCHED A CHEVY PICKUP K1500 AUTOMATIC WITH A MANUAL HVAC- IF THIS IS WRONG, LET ME KNOW, I LOOK FOR ANOTHER DIAGRAM

I NOTICED THERE ARE OTHER DOORS AND VALVES IN THE DIAGRAM, I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY ARE ACTUATED.I'M MORE AT HOME WITH A JEEP CJ OR AN OLDER CARBURETED VEHICLE

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 AT 7:35 PM
WRENCHTECH
If both heater hoses are hot to the touch then the issue is in the blend door mechanism. Most commonly the problem is the blend door actuator but it can also be an internal issue with the door itself. If you can access the actuator I would remove it and see if you can operate the door wit your fingers and shut the hot air off. If not, the HVAC housing is going to have to be removed and that will mean removing the dash.

The temperature actuator is located in the passenger compartment of the vehicle, on the front of the heater case. The instructions state that the dash has to be rolledback to even access the actuator.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/78936508.gif
+2
Thursday, November 27th, 2014 AT 4:21 AM