HOW TO ADJUST MY ALINGMENT

1998 Chevrolet S-10

s10blazerguy

October, 7, 2011 AT 11:20 PM

Truck is on courser mt 30x9.5x15 ith the tortion bars cranked up all the way so the tires dont rub, the truck has 0 inches of lift.I replaced all the inners, outers, ball joints and cv axles, trucks wheels look like / \. I see that there are cam bolts in the uppers, none in lowers, truck is on a jack but just enough to take off pressure, gonna use a framing square to get it close, my question is, does the bolt spin or the nut? They both have the cam wheels and I dont want to just go all gung ho and snap anything. Truck is eating up new and the new idler arm(didnt rotate the tires when I changed the parts, the front tires were cupped).I tried to adjust the drivers side rear most cam bolt, and the bolt and nut both slightly turned. I dont ant to make this worse, how high should I jack it up?

hmac300

October, 7, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

When yo lift a truck like that you screw up the suspension andit can't make up the difference from being lifted with big tires. You really need to put a front end kit on it so that it can be brought more into line. The nut spins. Have fun and get used to replacing frt end parts

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars