98 Blazer cranking no start

RIYAD614
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
98 blazer 176,000, doesn't want to start any more. I was spraying starter fluid to start it everyday and no it does not want to start. I changed plugs wires, cap, rotor buttom, fuel filter, fuel pump pressure is about 42-55 psi, injectors are pulsing, injectors plug is good (checked puls for all injectors and was one side positive and the other side nigative that is pulsing when cranking the car in all injectors)when I spray starter fluid or put some gas in the throttle body it will start until the gas run out. Checked all fueses and grounds they all good. No check engine light or code, and got good blue spark out of the plugs, wires and the coil. I can't pin point where the problem is at. PLEASE HELP
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 2:32 PM

CADIEMAN
Quit replacing parts it runs when u spray it. The oil pressure switch is bad or ecm needs replacement. This is a fuel issue.
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 5:26 PM
RIYAD614
When it start for the few seconds the oil pressure looks good (up to 40 psi)on the gauge. And I get a good spark on the coil and the plugs but when I disconect the ecm I get no spark.
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 6:34 PM
CADIEMAN
Fuel is your issue only. The ecm controls your injectors as well as spark.
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 AT 7:15 PM
RIYAD614
I changed the ecm and the oil pressure switch, still cranking and not starting, what's next?
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 AT 5:19 PM
CADIEMAN
Ck. For a broken timing chain. Remove the valve cover on the number =#1 cyl. Bank. Turn it over motor to see if the rocker arms are moving. If yes, remove #1 spark plug. Then rotate the crank to the timing mark is at 0top dead center. Then u insert a screw driver into #1 spark plug hole. The piston should be all the way up you will feal it. If not you need a timing chain. You have done everything, ck. The motor kk gl
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 AT 6:26 PM
RIYAD614
Did that it is in time. Plus just changed the fuel pump, and doing the same thing, if I put gas into the throttle it will run great, I can drive it to newyork if I just keep adding gas to it. Do you think it is the spider wep under the intake?
Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 AT 9:23 PM
CADIEMAN
Fuel is all u should be checking. Go back to the fuel pump disconnect the fuel line and ck. The pump output. Turn the engine over 3 times straight at 1 time. Collect the fuel in a canister. You should end up with atlest 8ozs. Also ck. To see the arrow on the fuel filter is pointing the right direction.
Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 AT 10:59 PM
RIYAD614
Checked the fuel and it was about 10oz. The fuel filter can only go one way (pressure fitting on one end and nut on the other). Tested fuel pressure and was about 64psi.
Thursday, April 7th, 2011 AT 1:27 PM
RIYAD614
I'm still having problem with this thing. I checked the compretion and got between 155 to 180 psi, fuel is 64 psi. Checked timing and was good ( #1 cyl. Up cranck on 0 tdc and rotor pointing on #1 in tha cap)I put another Disturber in it too, no check engine light. Do I need to***** that engine out and get another one?
Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 AT 1:11 PM
CADIEMAN
Go to the parts store and ck. Their diagram to see where #1 wire should be on the distributer cap. Then compare it to yours if its at 3 oclock yours should be too. Then follow the firing order going clockwise. If its right then u need to make sure your on the compression stroke on #1 cylinder. Turn engine over and put your finger on #1 spark plug hole. You will feel the compression blow your finger off the hole. Keep bumping the starter until you feel the compression. Then rotate the crank until its on tdc. Then remove the dist. Cap and make sure the rotor is pointing to #1 wire on the cap. If no youll need to remove the dist. And reinstall with the rotor pointing to #1 wire. Gl
Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 AT 5:01 PM