FLOOR BOARD KEEPS GETTING WET

1998 Buick Lesabre

twiztid87

December, 20, 2011 AT 8:39 PM

Why does my floor board behind my passenger seat keep getting wet in my 98 buick lasaber V6. There is no leaks in none of the door seals or anything. Ive pulled the carpet up and put a towel or 2 underneath to catch it an I let my dad look an smell the liquid. Its water but I have no clue where its coming from. An im not sure if it has anything to do with the heater. But sumtimes my heater doesnt work like it should. But when water is in the floor board its a puddle

factoryjack

December, 20, 2011 AT 9:01 PM

You have a water leak. The only way to pinpoint this, is to remove portions, or all, of the interior and water test. It could be from body seams, and you have no way of knowing the source, without creating some visual area. If it is not dirty, it is more than likely rain water. If it has a sunroof, check the drainage of the tray. Poor/no drainage is a common source of water entry.

twiztid87

December, 20, 2011 AT 9:27 PM

Ok I hit a ggood size puddle a while back an then on ive started seeing it but that was way back bout 2 or 3 months ago. And now for some reason my air bag light wont go off. Ever since then my airbag light stays on while im driving an I keep having water or sumin in the floor board of my back passenger.2 could it be my heater core or one of my heater hoses

factoryjack

December, 21, 2011 AT 5:06 AM

With a leaking heater core, or a leaking heater hose, you would have a loss of coolant to go with it. I do not believe you have any heater hoses that enter the passenger compartment. In either case, you would have the loss of coolant, and a sweet smell, along with a greasy film from the steam on the windows. As far as the airbag light sharing some relation, if water has infiltrated the airbag control module(SDM or DERM), that would be about the only circumstance. I am not sure where in your vehicle the airbag module resides, but below the drivers seat, or on the center hump, is a common locale.

Backnorth69

I had the same issue, if it's just the rear and one side, check the rear wheel well and see if there's a hole. I removed my seat, both seat and back rest, then took a light and shined it up under the wheel well and noticed a hole. Patched with some aluminum and sealant, little bit of tar and I was good to go

Replace Floor Board
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2