1. Remove hood support struts. Hold hood in vertical position. Disconnect battery negative cable. Remove strut brace from engine compartment. Remove battery, battery tray and engine ground cable.
2. Remove throttle and cruise control cable, then slip cable end out of throttle linkage. DO NOT bend cables. Remove intake air duct/air cleaner assembly. Remove Intake Air Resonator (IAR) control solenoid harness connector. Remove vacuum hoses and remove IAR control solenoid.
3. Remove battery cables from underhood fuse/relay block and underhood ABS fuse/relay block. Disconnect engine wire harness connectors on right side of engine compartment. Remove EVAP control canister hose, brake booster vacuum hose and vacuum hoses to firewall.
4. Release fuel pressure. Remove fuel feed hose and fuel return hose. Disconnect engine wiring and fuel injector harness connectors on left side of engine compartment. Remove harness clamps.
5. Remove power steering pump adjusting and mounting bolts. Remove power steering pump belt and pump. Do not disconnect power steering pump hoses.
6. Remove generator. Remove shift (A/T) or select (M/T) transmission cable. Remove transmission ground cable and hose clamp.
7. Remove radiator cap. Raise and support vehicle on hoist. Remove
front wheels and splash shield. Drain engine and transmission oil. Reinstall engine and transmission drain plugs with NEW washers. Drain cooling system.
8. Remove engine crossmember. Disconnect oxygen sensor and remove exhaust pipe "A". Remove damper fork and disconnect suspension lower arm ball joints. Remove axle shafts. Lower hoist. Remove heater, upper and lower radiator hoses. Remove transmission fluid cooler hoses. Remove radiator assembly.
9. Remove distributor and Idle Air Control (IAC) valve. Remove
A/C compressor with refrigerant lines attached, and lay aside. Attach chain hoist to engine. Raise hoist to take all slack from chain. Remove left and right front engine mounts and brackets. Remove rear and side engine mount bracket. Remove transmission mount.
10. Ensure engine is free of all hoses and electrical wiring. Slowly
raise or lower engine, once again checking that all hoses and electrical wiring has been disconnected. Raise/lower engine and remove from vehicle.
Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 2:18 PM