MY CAR WILL CUT OFF WHILE DRIVING.

• jillypoo
  • 1999 Acura CL

While driving my car will cut off the cruise control green key light comes on. When this first started it would start back up within a couple seconds. Now I have to put it in N and start it while I'm coasting. I was told it could be the starter switch and it was recalled and replaced already. I have 1 key on my key ring so it's not to heavy. Hope you can help me before it won't start at all and leaves me stranded somewhere. It's very scarey! Thanks

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 AT 4:42 PM

• KHLow2008

The green key is not the cruise control. It is the security warning indicator and if other dash indicators lights are not turning on when engine stalled, the problem should be caused by the ignition switch. Having the switch rerplaced previously does not mean it would not go bad again.

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 AT 6:27 AM
  • jillypoo

Thank you so much. I will get that replaced and hopefully it will take care of this problem! Thanks again!

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 7:34 AM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 AT 11:06 AM
  • hondatech1983
  • 107 posts

Another problem could also be the Immobilizer. If the immobilizer is not recognizing the proper signal from the key the PCM will not allow the vehicle to run.

Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 AT 5:13 PM