1997 VW JETTA JAZZ 2

1997 Volkswagen Jetta

GodUsEarth

January, 30, 2013 AT 11:41 AM

1997 VW Jetta Jazz 2.0 runs about 10 mins, stalls won't start until 1 hour later after engine cools down, Replace coil, fuel pump relay. Any suggestions like 02 sensors, fuel pumps usually go bad not over heated correct, would be helpful. Thank you in considering on a possible answer

exovcds

Crankshaft position sensor. When it stalls and does not want to start, do you have Ignition / spark?

Thomas

GodUsEarth

Its starts for about a min then it stalls out then it won't start until it cools down or about an hour, then it does the 12 minute cycle and repeats the stalling process again

exovcds

Spark or fuel.

Check which is missing and you will find the problem.

- fuel pump relay
- ECM relay
- crank sensor
- ignition coil
- ECM

Thomas

GodUsEarth

February, 2, 2013 AT 11:05 AM

You ask if " when it stalls and does not want to start, do you have Ignition / spark? " And the answer is Yes it does after it stalls and thanks again for responding to my question

exovcds

February, 2, 2013 AT 4:46 PM

Then it must be fuel control. Here's a short video of me checking for spark and fuel control.

First you'll see spark at the tip of the test light and then the NOID light will flicker under the hood (good injector control).

That is what you need to check. If the injectors get a signal.

Thomas

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang