MY SUNFIRE IS EXPERIENCING SOME CHUGGING NOISES

• Molliepop3
  • 1997 Pontiac Sunfire

My Sunfire is experiencing some chugging noises. I was driving and I was accelerating and then I heard rattling and a clunk and then she sputtered and died. I could not restart the vehicle, when it did start up it "choked" it's self out. I have several mechanically inclined friends who have been helping me with it. So far we have replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the fuel pressure regulator but the chugging sound continues but she does run now. The oil has been changed in the last week, and so have the rims and tires. This vehicle also has 2 bad struts both on the left side, which I am fairly certain does not pertain to this situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 AT 12:59 AM

• Molliepop3

UPDATE: 4 bad spark plugs bad timing chain the whole kit and bad fuel pump fuel pressure regulator and fuel
filter

Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 12:08 AM
  • hmac300

So is it fixed?

Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 2:18 PM
  • Molliepop3

Somewhat

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 AT 5:06 PM