MIRAGE FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEMS

• critterbytes
  • 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage

On a 97 Mitsubishi Miage DE coupe 1.5l Where can the fuel cutoff relay be found in this vehicle? What fuses are related? (Not able to find any pictures or electrical diagrams for this) And, is there an aftermarket source for the 6"-8" quick disconnect fuel line that comes off the fuel pump line at the tank? Thanks for your help, Ron

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 3:26 AM

• rasmataz

Yours don't have a inertia fuel cut off switch like Ford/Other vehiciles and for the quick disconnect fuel line none/check TSB's-recalls-

What kind of problems are you having? Sounds like fuel problem

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 4:45 AM
  • critterbytes

A relay and fuse are shown in the wire diagrams, but there are no pictures or notes as to where these are located. And there is a delco part listed for a fuel pump relay for this model and engine. Vehicle sat unattended for about 5 years. The pump froze up. Quick disconnect line was damaged removing the tank to get to the pump. None of the local shops carry a quick disconnect in that size, or a universal fuel that might fit. O-rings are shot so I think I should not try to repair it by heating and reattaching the line. I'll check with 'itchy'*****y tomorrow, to see what their parts counter will leak to me. Living in the boon docks makes for a long trip to hunt parts.

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 7:47 AM
  • rasmataz

You can always fabricate it

Check multipurpose fuse no.4 10amp in the junction block above left panel and the fuel pump relay is behind center console-

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 8:11 AM