STUMPED CAR OVERHEATING 2.0 LITER 110000 MILES

• MichaelSmithey
  • 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

My car started overheating the other day, it was 107 degrees outsince then I cant get 10 miles without it overheating. Heres a list ive went through, hoses are good both a/c and radiator fans are working properly, changed the thermostat "even though it was good" both upper and lower thermostat gaskets, no pooling of fluids in floorboards "heater core", bought new radiator cap, no leaking from water pump, and no puddles under car before or after running. I even emptied the coolant and put in all new. So im stumped maybe the water pump is weak. What do you guys think could be wrong Thanks as always

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:40 AM

• ASEMaster6371

From the overheating, you may have blown a head gasket. You need a leak down test to confirm if the gasket is good.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 1:19 PM
  • KHLow2008

When you checked the coolant level in radiator, was it full?

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 4:42 PM
  • MichaelSmithey

Yes it was full no leaking nowhere

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 6:04 PM
  • MichaelSmithey

How do I replace head gasket

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 8:10 PM
  • KHLow2008

That is more difficult than replacing the timing belt. You need to remove the cylinder ehad and get it pressure tested and refaced if necessary.

Since coolant was full, it might not be the head gasket but as you mentioned ini your previous post, a faulty water pump.

Sunday, July 8th, 2012 AT 8:15 PM