WHEEL NOISE

1997 Honda Accord

tmgolf318

I have a 97 honda accord V6. I'm having a noise from my front wheels when turning left or right. It doesn't happen all the time but I've noticed that if I am, for example, at a stop sign, I turn right and accelerate and the noise happens more frequently. From what research I've done, the noise is typically associated with a bad CV joint. However, I replaced those about 6 months ago. I checked the boots and they seem okay.

Crocking noise during acceleration when making turns do indicate CV joint faults. Were the joints replaced OEM?

I would not discount the possibility of bad CV joints due to inferior quality used or lubrication was not sufficienly packed.

tmgolf318

No they were ordered from Napa. My dad and I have used them for parts since forever and have never had an issue with quality which is why I was leaning towards it being something else. I was thinking their might be a clearance issue causing the noise. Either way I hate that this has happened only after 5-6 months.

Is the noise continously crocking or singular knocking?

tmgolf318

It continues but is sporadic in timing and doesn't always happen. A rule of thumb to go by is it is louder and more dominant on a sharper turn. It doesn't happen in changing lanes or on curves in the road. It only happens at "90 degree" turn.

Symptoms indiates the CV joints are bad.

Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement