I WAS DRIVING MY CAR AND MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ...

• Anonymous
  • 1997 Honda Accord

I was driving my car and my check engine light came on and then my speedometer and rpm gauge and temperature gauge and my dashboard lights stopped working. What could be the cause of this happening? The car cranks and runs and drives well. Please let me know ofany suggestions of what it could be.

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 4:36 AM

• rasmataz

Have the car computer scanned for code/s, this is you starting point of diagnosis

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 4:45 AM
  • Randico

Go to the engine fuse junction box check for open fuses, especially number 15 and number 18, if the fus ie open replace with the required AMPs that is listed on the cover, If none are open then go to the ender dash fuse location this is at the bottom right driver side, inspect fuses especially 9, 4, 1. If all fuses are good, the highly suspect is the ignitionswitch (the electrical part) of being the culprit

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 5:13 AM
  • rasmataz

You can try the ignition switch its a recall item for this year if it hasn't been done -Been here before w/a DX model

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 5:37 AM