DROVE WITHOUT PROBLEMS FROM THE CARIBOO TO ...

1997 Dodge Caravan

Anonymous

December, 15, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

Drove without problems from the cariboo to abbotsford (about 5 hours. Accident on road made everyone idle. Been idling for 15 minutes when I noticed steam or white smoke coming from engine. I turned on heater full blast. After sweating, no difference, pulled over turned engine off and here I sit. It is raining wet snow so I am still just sitting here after half an hour, waiting for a break to fly another 20 minutes down the road. Once at destination at least I can use the toilet. Aaarrggghh!
I am beginning to think it is the radiator leaking.
Traffic is starting to flow a little. Do I need to call a truck. Although I don't know if he can get to me.
Thanks for your time

December, 15, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

Is it overheating? Can you hear the cooling fan working?

Thea Evans

December, 15, 2012 AT 11:45 PM

I hear nothing other then all the big rigs idling next to me or going by. I still see puffs of 'steam' but only very faint now. Traffic still too much to sit and idle every twenty feet or so now. Will I be able to continue to drive as is to get somewhere safe? I plan on waiting till traffic flows so there is no more idling.

Thea Evans

December, 15, 2012 AT 11:47 PM

And thank you for replying so quick. Getting dark out. Getting scary to totally break down on the road.

December, 15, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

Is it overheating?

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator