I AM WORKING ON A 97 CAVALIER THAT JUST DIED ITS...

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

Anonymous

November, 5, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

I am working on a 97 cavalier that just died, its flooding out. I used a test light to check injector pulse and the light just stays fully lit when cranking the engine, it dont got out till the fuel pump relay shuts off. Also as I was trying to trouble shot the flooding problem the engine stoped cranking, its not getting power to the s terminal on the started solinoid. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you

November, 5, 2012 AT 7:31 PM

Maybe you ran the battery down? Make sure battery has full charge and all connections clean and tight. After that, can you communicate with computer? Any applicable trouble codes?

cadieman

November, 5, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Flooding so remove the air filter and look at the fuel injectors. Turn on the key on. Then they should pulse once. There should be no fuel dripping from the injectors or they will need to be replaced. The s wire gets power from the ignition switch on the top of the column. Check for voltage on the brown wire with key in start position.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement