IS IT THE FUEL PUMP, FILTER??

1997 Buick Lesabre

lizdavis

August, 11, 2012 AT 6:50 AM

I have a 97 Buick Le Sabre I was driving was diving one morning and the car was running fine, but when I stopped at a stop sign and tried to excelerate the car act as if it was going to stop but drove very sluggish for about 2 - 3 blocks and cut out. Had it towed home then I wouldn't do nothing about a week later went to try and start it would not start but when the key is turned on completely the engine turns but never catches battery is now drained from attempting to start. Please can anyone tell me what is going on?

caradiodoc

August, 11, 2012 AT 8:11 AM

Could be a hundred different things so you're going to be better off getting a mechanic involved. He will check for loss of spark, loss of fuel pressure, diagnostic fault codes leading to a defective sensor or wiring. Once the problem system is identified he will go through troubleshooting steps to determine the cause of the no-start.

August, 11, 2012 AT 8:23 AM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Above link shows what to look for.

When problem occurred was the temperature gauge showing hot? Check the coolant, you might have overheated the engine.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe