I HAVE A 1996 PONTIAC SUNFIRE AND THERE IS AN ...

1996 Pontiac Sunfire

striker747

February, 22, 2013 AT 1:44 AM

Hi I have a 1996 pontiac sunfire and there is an issue with my electrical system cause the battery has enough juice to start the car and run my 4 way flashers and my dome light and my signal lights but my highbeam notifier blinks my driving lights blink and once in a while my guages will jump and my stereo cuts in and out what could cause the issue

striker747

February, 22, 2013 AT 1:49 AM

Lll correct that its 205000 kms on it im from canada and I aint sure what the conversion is for it

caradiodoc

February, 22, 2013 AT 4:22 AM

Start by having the charging system load-tested. If all you can get out of the generator is one third of its rated capacity of typically around 90 amps, it has a bad diode. That will also make "ripple" very high and can interfere with computer sensor signals and engine performance. If the generator is found to have a bad diode, replace the battery at the same time to reduce the number of repeat failures unless it is less than about two years old.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro