FUSE BOX PROBLEM

1996 Pontiac Grand Am

Carhelp12

June, 12, 2013 AT 4:54 PM

Hi, I am having a problem with my fuse box. I have electricity in my car but the gauges and the lights for the dashboard don't work so I cant tell how fast I am going or how much gas I have in my car nor any other light on the dash. Everything else is fine with the power to the car. I checked the fuses but all of them are fine I even changed one of the 10 fuses and the power went back on but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do. What could be the problem? Is the fuse box loose? Sometimes I would have to tap the bottom of the dash to get the lights and power to the dash to work, but it does't work still.

Jacobandnickolas

June, 12, 2013 AT 7:59 PM

SInce it would work when you would tap the dash, that tells me you have a bad or loose connection. Check all connections on the rear of the dash to make sure things are clean and tight.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace