Location of the ABS module?

BILLB58
  • 1996 NISSAN PATHFINDER
  • 193 MILES

Chilton manual says it's under the drivers seat. It is not oh this 1996 4 wheel drive model. I get code "16", "system OK" The issue I'm having is the ABS motor runs continuous while key is in the run position, and or engine is running. I have checked all connections except the module.

I can remove the 40 amp fuse/circuit breaker(located in fuse box, passenger side front inter fender) and the ABS motor will stop running, I still have working brakes.(NO ABS) However I cannot put this vehicle "in service" w/out "working" ABS. This would leave me liable.(VERY UNSAFE) I have informed owner of tests and code readings and advised owner that vehicle not be put "in service" until issue is resolved. Thank you. Bill

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 6:02 PM

FIXITMR

Try under floor center console.

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 6:23 PM
BILLB58

If under center Console? The console has not been removed so it is not likely to have been unplugged by mistake, or affected by weather corrosion, Any ideas about what would cause such issues with ABS motor to staying on? Like do the modules go bad on a whim? Ie: with out notice or service codes? Remember the code is "16" "system okay" Puzzling. Thanks Bill

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 12:38 AM
RIVERMIKERAT

The image attached shows the ABS control module under the center of the dash, a common spill location.

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 11:13 PM