HOW CAN I CHECK ELECTRICAL ISSUES TO NARROW DOWN WHAT KEEPS MAKING MY CAR DIE

1996 Nissan Maxima

Layasmom29

October, 1, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

If my car is not driven daily the battery will completely die. I have replaced my battery a million times. (Last week and did not start today)and have had my alternater checked and says that it is working. If I do not start my car in 24 hours it will be completely drained. Once I place on a charger and charge it will work again until the next time I dont drive it for over 24 hours. I am running out of options and cant afford to keep being late for work because I have to charge it. I look outside constantly to make sure lights are not coming on and they havent, also dont hear anything trying to run when powered off. Please help me.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 1, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

You have a short circuit within the electrical system that's draining the battery overnite

Layasmom29

October, 1, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

Is there a way to narrow down where it is? Is there anything I can do besides take it to shop to find it?

October, 1, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

Put a voltmeter in serious with the battery positive cable and start removing fuses one by one when the voltage drops that's the problem area-