HEY FELLAS I HOPE THIS IS A SIMPLE QUESTION

1996 Honda Civic

hwilson1371

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

Hey fellas, I hope this is a simple question. I am not new to cars but far from a mechanic. I own a 96 Honda civic with an old battery. Never had any unusual problems with car. I had to ship car from oregon to ma on car carrier this caused my alarm to go off until car battery died. When carrier got car to mass he jumped with jump pack and drove car 50ft to driveway then shut off. When I got back to mass battery was dead but jumpable. I got started once let run for 5 minutes shut it off.( I know not long enough) then I put car in storage for about 3 1/2 months went to start today it's dead(I figured that) so I had cables and an SUV. Mows when I get confused I hooked up jumper cables(properly of course) nothing not a chirp or light nothing. Car was running perfect other than obvious battery issue. So can a battery be so dead that when u try to jump it won't even light up dash or dome light or nothing? Or could it be more serious and How? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Jacobandnickolas

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

It can be dead enough that it won't jump start, but you should be getting lights. Check connections and make sure they are clean and tight. Always start at the battery when there is an electrical problem.

hwilson1371

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Connections, were good. Clean etc. Car ran perfect until storage only problem was dead battery and has not been touched in 3 1/2 months. I plan on buying battery anyway but was curious why I was getting nothing. Could it be factory alarm not being disabled because no battery power? I could of posted that answer!

December, 9, 2012 AT 11:00 PM

So can a battery be so dead that when u try to jump it won't even light up dash or dome light or nothing

Check/Test these fuses if you're saying no electrical power within the vehicle in the fuse and relay box-Fuse no.41 80amp and 42 40amp

Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element