1996 Ford taures

TABITHAYRAMIRO
  • 1996 FORD TAURUS
  • AWD
I have a 1996 ford taures gl 3.0l v6. It turns over but won't start. We replace the cam sensor, cranks sensor and the spark plugs. We checked the alternator and advance auto said it was still good. What else could it b?
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 1:17 AM

Check and test the coils and the ignition control module
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 1:46 AM
OLESCHOOLFOOL
First check fuel pressure, second check for fire at plug wires when starting. Fords have a automatic switch thats cuts the fuel pump off
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 2:08 AM
What make you replaced the cam and crank sensor-is it No Spark I gave you the above for a start. Do below and report back with some testing results-

NOTE:If its cranking over and you smell fuel up front there's nothing wrong with the inertia fuel cut off switch-

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 3:29 AM