POWER WINDOW PROBLEM

1996 Ford Explorer

joshfunk1

May, 14, 2011 AT 4:31 PM

My friend has a 1996 Ford Explorer and she says the power windows aren't working. Im not too familiar with Fords, but I checked the relays and fuses and they were fine. I'm going to check the relays again once more individually to ensure that its not the relays. I did a quick test. My question is this: what would the problem be if it is not the relays or fuses (i.E. Instantly jump to the window motors?), And is there a chart that gives the color of each wire or could you give the colors of each wire I would be dealing with so that I know what I am looking for and what I need to use/ignore. Thanks for your help.

Window Relays

1 ANSWER
1 IMAGE

hmac300

May, 14, 2011 AT 9:30 PM

This can be a switch or module or broken wires in the door to body harness. You'll need to see if the switches are getting and putting out power and if the motor is getting power or not.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation