So I am a retard and went to The car wash and.

NFPKIDS
  • 1996 DODGE DAKOTA
  • 179 MILES
So I am a retard and went to The car wash and decided to give under the hood a quick spray nothing crazy just get rid of the dust when I was done I started it up and that went fine then put it in drive the belt sqweeked my trucks sputtering and bearly moving I pluged in my scanner tool and it said multi missfife but they code was pending their was no check engine light until now and only missfire on cylender 6 im hopeing things are just acting up cause they got wet and nothings seriously wrong I think the timming slipped when the got wet can anyone tell me how to check and how to put it back in timming
Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Just all wet. Dry off the cap and coil. You may have to remove the cap to dry inside.

Bet you learned a good lesson from this, LOL

roy
Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 10:50 PM
FIXITMR
Been there, done that, . What motor? Hard to make timing slip. Prolly just wetness still mesin electrical around.
NFPKIDS
Yes I did roy a great lesson was learned today lol ill never do that again. And its A v6 magnum its. Chain just figured that out
Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 10:54 PM