Clicking noises inside the CAB of the truck. ( 1996 Chevy Silverado 1500, 5.0 L extended CAB.)

TELLATRAM1
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
When I turn on my 1996 chevy silverado 1500 (5.0 L, extended cab) truck there is a clicking sound and it sounds like it is coming from under the glove compartment. There is a black box under the glove compartment and it looks like the heater air flows through there because it warms up when I have the heater on. Do you know what that could be and if you do how do you stop the clicking noise?
Thursday, February 10th, 2011 AT 6:27 PM

WRENCHTECH
Are you having any problem with temperature control of the heater/AC?
-1
Thursday, February 10th, 2011 AT 7:04 PM
TELLATRAM1
No the heater works fine but the large black box under the glove compartment heats up when I have the heater on. Another thing that might help you figure out the problem is when I warm up the car in the morning the clicking sound starts up but after I have driven my truck for a while the clicking sound stops.
-1
Saturday, February 12th, 2011 AT 7:12 AM
WRENCHTECH
It's nearly impossible to identify a noise without hearing it. I was thinking you may have a stripped out blend door actuator but if your temp controls are working OK, that's probably not the case. You could have a blower motor making noise or an electrical relay having a problem but it's hard to say what it could be.
-2
Saturday, February 12th, 2011 AT 12:36 PM