A/C BLOWING OUT HOT AIR

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier

stephany

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:31 AM

After buying car checked if a/c worked. It did. Went to use it and all it does is blow out hot air. Checked coolient levels, gage read fully charged. Could the gage be wrong and, if so can I recharge it without doing any damage if it is really full? What else could be causing this problem. 2.2lt 4cl 5speed 2dr

saturntech9

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:40 AM

You cant tell from a gauge if the system is charged with the correct amount. What are the high and low pressures at idle?

stephany

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:46 AM

Not sure. What u mean. The guy who did it just said it read charged. When I turn a/c on I hear it change over when I play round with the controls. So I believe its moving from heat to cool. I have a a/c button to push. Does it matter what vent setting it is on? Face, face/legs, legs or circulate?

saturntech9

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:53 AM

Doesnt really matter what position its set to for the ac to work. What I mean is what are the high side and low side pressure readings on the ac system?Telling me that someone put a ac charge gauge that says its charge doesnt really tell me much.I need the actual high and low pressure readings for the ac system to start with?Thats what I would check first if I had your car in front of me.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement