1996 Chevrolet Blazer fuel pressure

TOM1984
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER

Okay so my car started running funny and lossing power on the freeway a few months ago. So I finally tested the fuel pressure and it was kinda low and would lose pressure slowly so I bought a new fuel pump. When going to replace the fuel pump I noticed the fuel line was leaking on the inlet side of the fuel filter. So I removed it and put it back in but still leaks. So I dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump put the tank back in and now it wont start and I have zero fuel pressure I can hear the fuel pump turn on but stll no pressure and im totally confused and frustrated any help would b great

Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 3:47 PM

Did you replace the fuel filter? I hate to say it, but if you hear the pump running and are getting NO fuel pressure, you may have gotten a bad pump. You may need to remove it and test it.

Let me know.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 6:32 PM
TOM1984

I did get a new fuel filter and when I disconnected it and turned the key on I had fuel pouring out of the fuel line that goes into thhe filter

Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 7:06 PM
TOM1984

Almost seems like its working but not to its full potential

Sunday, November 3rd, 2013 AT 7:08 PM

That is the first thing I would check. See if the fuel pump is producing pressure within the manufacturer's specs.

Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 5:02 AM
TOM1984

Could it possibly b that I dont have enough fuel in the pump since I put it in dry with very little gas in the tank. I mean when I dissconnected the fuel filter and turned on the key fuel came out of the line but when I check the valve I got 0psi

Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 8:12 AM

The fuel should have shot out of the filter. And yes, if the fuel level is too low, that could be an issue.

Monday, November 4th, 2013 AT 8:31 AM
2CARPROS MAX
  • 193 POSTS

Okay I took the fuel pump back out and the o ring was pushed into the tank so my pump wasn't sealed but if I put the o ring in place first the pump will not sit in it right and there is a gap i've used all kinds of different lube and nothing works any ideas

Tom1984

Sunday, November 10th, 2013 AT 6:43 AM