FUEL PRESSURE

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

tom1984

November, 3, 2013 AT 3:47 PM

Okay so my car started running funny and lossing power on the freeway a few months ago. So I finally tested the fuel pressure and it was kinda low and would lose pressure slowly so I bought a new fuel pump. When going to replace the fuel pump I noticed the fuel line was leaking on the inlet side of the fuel filter. So I removed it and put it back in but still leaks. So I dropped the tank and replaced the fuel pump put the tank back in and now it wont start and I have zero fuel pressure I can hear the fuel pump turn on but stll no pressure and im totally confused and frustrated any help would b great

Jacobandnickolas

November, 3, 2013 AT 6:32 PM

Did you replace the fuel filter? I hate to say it, but if you hear the pump running and are getting NO fuel pressure, you may have gotten a bad pump. You may need to remove it and test it.

Let me know.

tom1984

November, 3, 2013 AT 7:06 PM

I did get a new fuel filter and when I disconnected it and turned the key on I had fuel pouring out of the fuel line that goes into thhe filter

tom1984

November, 3, 2013 AT 7:08 PM

Almost seems like its working but not to its full potential

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2013 AT 5:02 AM

That is the first thing I would check. See if the fuel pump is producing pressure within the manufacturer's specs.

tom1984

November, 4, 2013 AT 8:12 AM

Could it possibly b that I dont have enough fuel in the pump since I put it in dry with very little gas in the tank. I mean when I dissconnected the fuel filter and turned on the key fuel came out of the line but when I check the valve I got 0psi

Jacobandnickolas

November, 4, 2013 AT 8:31 AM

The fuel should have shot out of the filter. And yes, if the fuel level is too low, that could be an issue.

2Carpros Max

November, 10, 2013 AT 6:43 AM

Okay I took the fuel pump back out and the o ring was pushed into the tank so my pump wasn't sealed but if I put the o ring in place first the pump will not sit in it right and there is a gap i've used all kinds of different lube and nothing works any ideas

Tom1984

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe