1995 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME HOW TO CHANGE POWER STEERING HOSE

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1995 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme mileage: 135,000. What do I need to do to change the high pressure power steering hose. Are there any tricks?

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 12:19 AM

• 2CarPros-Archives

You must remove the fittings on either end of the hose and replace with new hoses and refill the system.

-1
Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 12:21 AM
  • Bigdaddyjq

Not very helpful. Removing the fittings is obvious. I too have the 93 Cutless Supreme with the 6cyl (x). If it were only that easy. Removing the fitting from the pump is easy. I found that removing the Coolant reservoir and the plastic shroud that protects electrical wires from the S. Belt and pulleys makes it easier to remove the mounting bracket down below. It is the fitting that attaches to the steering column is where the difficulties are. I found that by removing the air box and flex tube to the throttle body helped me gain limited access to the fitting. I am in the process of using a "crows foot" (18mm I believe) a short extension and a ratchet may be the answer to reaching the fitting. A stubby 18mm box wrench may work too, but its pretty tight in there. If anyone else has some good suggestions, I would love to try them.

+1
Sunday, December 26th, 2010 AT 8:30 PM