WONT START

1995 Nissan Quest

TyAzz

August, 8, 2011 AT 2:38 AM

My 1995 Nissan Quest decided not to start.
I turn the key, everything gets power except the starter.
I jumped the starter by crossing the terminals on the solinoid with a screwdriver. The starter spins, but no start.
I replaced the Ignition.
I replaced the Ignition Switch.
I replaced the Inhibiter Relay (by the battery).
I replaced the Ignition Relay (next to the fuse box under the dash).
I took out the starter and had it tested, it works.
I cleaned the battery terminals, no start.
I volt tested the battery, 12.9v.
I volt tested the small wire on the solenoid, no power even with the key turned to start.
I volt tested the plug that connects to the small wire on the solenoid, no power.
I followed that wire to what I believe is the inhibiter relay (which I already replaced)
Im stumped, Im ready to scrap it even though it ran great before this problem. Please Help!

Docfixit

August, 8, 2011 AT 1:14 PM

Problem in Neutral safety switch on Trans. Try moving shifter to Neutral see if it will start. Switch located on top trans axle where shift cable attaches

TyAzz

August, 8, 2011 AT 1:58 PM

I've tried that. I've also let it drift. I tried to start it in every position. There's also a click that comes from all four relays next to the fuse box when I try to start it.

TyAzz

August, 10, 2011 AT 12:34 PM

That's not what's wrong. What else do you got? Its a stumper, right. I'm thinking its a bad wire somewhere, but don't know how to go about finding it efficeintly.

Docfixit

August, 10, 2011 AT 1:54 PM

It is inhibtor switch see previous post prevents starting when in gear. It is faulty

TyAzz

August, 11, 2011 AT 12:39 AM

Does it have another name. I can't find an inhibitor switch anywhere. Is it the same thing as a nuetral safety switch? Or do you know where I can find one?

cadieman

August, 11, 2011 AT 1:45 AM

Check for start signal coming out of the ing. Switch to the seloniod

TyAzz

August, 11, 2011 AT 1:35 PM

How?

cadieman

August, 11, 2011 AT 6:01 PM

Use a test light. Your looking for a wire that gets power when your holding the key in start position and when you release the key the light will go out. It has power only in start possition. That wire goes to the seloniod. When you hold it in start possition. That wire at the seloniod has to have power when you hold it in start possition.

cadieman

August, 11, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

Sorry back first check the wire at the starter seloniod if no power then u need to check the wire at the ingition switch for power with the key in start possition

TyAzz

August, 14, 2011 AT 10:52 PM

I found them. The ignition is white with a red stripe. And the secondary is brown.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang