MY CAR WAS AT THE STORE

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Anonymous

November, 14, 2012 AT 8:37 PM

My car was at the store. I started, Backed out of my park & it died. Restarted after finally after multiple engine turns, drove a few yards then died again. I did this 3 times then parked. Got it going again and got home fine. Later I restarted it, went great. Next day was taking it to garage to check the problem and it did the same thing multiple times. Got AAA to take me to garage. Mechanic says there is nothing wrong with my fuel system. He has replaced the computer to the spark plugs and the fuel pump & now tells me it is my main computer? They were tracing the wires as they said they had no equipment to test my model. I am a bit sceptical. Any ideas or help as the $ are mounting up?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

November, 14, 2012 AT 9:20 PM

For such problems proper diagnostics have to be done to locate the source and we aren't of much help without knowing the source of the problem and without any diagnostic information.

Whatever components that did not solve the problem should not be charged to you, unless it is something that requires replacement.
Engine computer do have tendencies of intermittently failing.