I HAVE AN OIL LEAK AROUND THE AREA BETWEEN THE TRANNY AND THE BLOCK. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?

1995 Honda Accord

msffletch

April, 11, 2012 AT 2:34 PM

I have replaced the oil pan gasket, vtec solenoid seal, sending unit, and valve cover gasket. Cant see no signs under the distributor. Had the engine out of the car about six months ago replacing timing belts, seals and even the rear main seal. Now Im stumped.

Oil Leak From Engine

Jacobandnickolas

April, 11, 2012 AT 2:56 PM

What I suggest is to get a dye to add to the oil. Add it, drive it, and then using a black light it will help you locate where the leak is coming from.

msffletch

April, 11, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

I did that too and no help. Could the head gasket leak oil and not cause anymore problems other than just leaking oil?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 11, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

It could be leaking, but usually not.

April, 11, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

For this engine the head gasket would not leak without affecting the engine.

If oil is splattered all over, clean it up and recheck the source of the leak. If you do not see any external leaks from above and is only coming from between the transmission and engine joint, you have a leak with the rear main seal. During replacement of the seal if the crankshaft had been damaged or the seal not correctly, you would have the problem. The other thing that can caus this is the crankshaft where the seal lips are seated are worn and the new seal is seated onto it.

msffletch

April, 11, 2012 AT 7:53 PM

I will try this and get back to you. Thanks

ajbenton

June, 4, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

Could it be leaking from the distributor?

June, 4, 2012 AT 3:53 PM

If the leak is from upper portion of trans, yes, it would be from the distributor.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front