When I bought this 95 explorer it didnt come with the digital hand key lock nor did I get the code for the door pad 9(digital numbers) now how can I get the code and reprogram it manually.
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 7:23 PM
Pop off the defrost panel on the dash. Go to the outside of the car.
Look into the car (defrost panel). Somewhere near the middle of the
Right windshield wiper there is a white sticker inside the panel. That
sticker says Forward on it and it has a barcode. Just above the barcode
were 5 bold numbers, these numbers, according to the new owner's manual,
are the factory preset keypad code numbers.
(this is one method, but it doesnt always work for all the explorers, another way is to remove the glove box and use a mirror to see the code... Note: removal of the airbag might be required so be careful)
The Code on the box is the factory master code. Instructions below: To erase any personal code set by the prior owner, use these steps: 1. Use the keypad to enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously.
3. The system will now respond only to the factory set code.
You can program your own personal code via these steps: 1. Use the keypad to enter the factory set code.
2. Within five seconds, press the 1/2 button
3. Within five seconds, begin entering your personal five digit code.
(Each subsequent keypress must be within five seconds of the previous)
4. The system will now respond to both your new personal code and the
factory set code.
5. Put the factory set code you wrote down in a safe place. It will
always open your door, and it won't do you any good if locked inside