I AM CONSCIENTIOUS ABOUT CHANGING OIL FLUIDS ...

• Anonymous
  • 1995 Ford Escort
  • 214 miles

I am conscientious about changing oil, fluids, filters, etc on my car but it has started getting very poor mileage (between 14-18 mpg). According to the O2 sensors it is burning rich (makes sense) and was running hot. I replaced the radiator, EDIS, EGR sensors, MAF sensor to take care of the problem. It is better and runs well when cold but when it gets to normal operating temperatur, too much fuel seems to be getting to into the system. When I pull my foot completely off the gas, it seems as though everything "catches up" and it starts to run well again. Do you have any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks.

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 AT 11:01 PM

• rasmataz

Do you have a check engine light -when was last tune-up? Check the fuel pressure if its within specification-Your probable causes here could also be as follows: bad coolant temperature sensor, oxygen sensor, fuel pressure regulator and injectors leaking

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 AT 5:17 AM