WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WHEEL STUD AND A WHEEL BOLT AND STUD?

1995 Dodge Intrepid

Sydwilli

November, 28, 2011 AT 11:54 PM

I am looking to replace two wheel studs and I was looking for prices online and when searching wheel stud they give me two options wheel stud and then wheel bolt and stud. I am not sure what the difference is or which one I should buy. When putting on my spare tire two broke off because the lug nuts were frozen. So I'm not sure how long the wheel stud is suppose to be or if I will need the wheel bolt along with the stud.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:09 AM

I believe the wheel bolt and stud is the stud with the lug nut. Other than that, I can't see any difference. As far as the studs, I would recommend getting them from a local parts store. They aren't too expensive.

rivermikerat

November, 29, 2011 AT 12:13 AM

Lug studs or wheel studs. Look at the pictures the online catalog has. They may be calling the same part two different names. Like some people may say accessory drive belt, while others may say fan belt.

Wheel Stud Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
CV Axle Replacement