ITS AN S-10 4CLY RUNS FINE FOR DAYS PARK IT NEXT DAY WONT START

1995 Chevrolet Truck

bobhillier

December, 31, 2011 AT 11:02 PM

Can drive for several days or a week then it just won't start weather has nothing to do with it and it can sit sometimes 10 min and then no start or over night code scanner no codes spark fuel battery starter electrical fine when it does this its random?

fixitmr

December, 31, 2011 AT 11:55 PM

When it wont start what have you tried?

bobhillier

January, 1, 2012 AT 11:10 AM

I have not tried anything yet its not my truck checked just what I said battery starter fuel timing or spark fuses looked for code errors my father was a gm master tech. Wish he were alive now this is the first car I have ever really been stumped on if it was 20 yrs older it would be fine computers /technology ruined everything good about cars thanks Bob

fixitmr

January, 2, 2012 AT 7:06 AM

Actually it would be nice if computers could tell you everything you needed to know about what is problem! Like even talkng! HAL! Did you say injectors are firing? Maybe squirt some gas in intake and see if it starts?

bobhillier

Sorry I did do that and no start and didn't check if its a chipped
Key if it is could it be security related I know u can bypass
That but never have done myself any suggestion will help thank you.

fixitmr

You could pull plugs and see what they look like? Wet fouled plugs wont fire.

bobhillier

Ya that's not the issue because it will run great for a week or two then just not start one day then run again for a day or two

fixitmr

January, 3, 2012 AT 2:51 AM

I know it dont make sense but if it's got spark and you squirt gas in it and it dont fire that dont make sense either?

bobhillier

Ya I am stumped that's why I asked if security might be the issue just not familiar with the chevy anti-theft

fixitmr

January, 7, 2012 AT 10:42 AM

Anti theft may shut injectors down. You could noid light to test. They may loan/rent them at auto parts chains.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test