NEED HELP ON A NO-START CONDITION

• William Ammerman
  • 1995 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 1995 Blazer OBDII. I zapped the ignition module a while back by using a remote battery that was on the garage floor. I connected it to the battery terminals of the blazer with a pair of jumper cables. There was not a battery in the car. I hooked up my 200 amp charger directly to the battery terminals of the car while it was hooked to the battery in the floor (dumb). I replaced the ignition module and all was fine for a few start cycles. About every 3rd or 4th time the car would crank with a no-start condition. It would fire up and stall immediately. Then it would just crank. It had no spark at the coil. After replacing the cam sensor, crank sensor, ignition coil, ignition module (for the second time), and computer it still has the same problem. Now it has spark at the coil and 50psi fuel pressure but will not start. I know, it makes no sense. If I disconnect power from the computer for 30 or so seconds it will start immediately. It NEVER stalls after this and has no drivability issues, only the no-start issue. I’m not sure what to look for anymore. Did the 1995 have any type of passkey feature that could be causing this? I know that the key does not have a chip but I have a 2002 Monte Carlo that is built into the lock cylinder. If not, any ideas? Thank you.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Is there any codes? It sounds like an ecm issue. You have obd 1 system but the connector is there for obd 2. Gm and other manufactureses did this in the model year 1995.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:24 PM
  • William Ammerman

It is an OBDII system. I have 2 Blazers and one is an OBDI and this one is an OBDII. There were both systems in 1995. There are no codes set. It set a TBS code at the very begining but that was only once. No other codes have been set.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:29 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Ok, I still think the voltage surge did something to your pcm. There are places that can run a check on your pcm looking for failed circuits. Look around. I bet it is your issue.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:36 PM
  • William Ammerman

I replaced the Computer with a reman. Unit and had it flashed. I wouldn't think that the replacement ECM would have the same problem but you never know.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:40 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

I agree. I use gm new only from being burned from bad re man units.

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 AT 6:49 PM
  • William Ammerman

Found the problem. After the 3rd ignition module from a local parts store, I put in the module from my Tahoe. It worked! I bought a different manufacture ignition module from a different local store and have had no problems for 2 weeks.

Friday, April 13th, 2012 AT 11:19 AM