I BELIEVE IM HAVING A HEAT INDUCED ELECTRICAL ...

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

Mr_Wizard

November, 24, 2012 AT 2:43 PM

I believe I'm having a heat induced electrical failure. I've replaced numerous parts while resorting the blazer my wife bought. Previous owner was an idiot. When it gets to temp which is does rather fast it stalls out, backfires, and then dies. I've replaced the entire ignition system except for the starter and the key. MAP, TPS, Crankshaft sensor, wires, plugs, god's own battery, PCV, and a few others. There's no vacuum leak and no codes on the dash. I'm thinking it either has something to do with the thermostat or the Coolant tempt sensor.

hmac300

November, 24, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

Try replacing the thermostate but also check the fuel pressure. Check for a vacuum leak and clen the throttle plate on both sides cause they get gunked up.

Mr_Wizard

November, 24, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

I plan on doing that as soon as I can get it towed back to my house. Flue pressure at key on is 64-65 and holds solid at 58. When I replaced the PVC I had taken off the manifold to replace the distributor. I clean every inch of it I could and made sure the throttle body and the butterfly valve were as well. Thank you for the quick response.

Mr_Wizard

November, 24, 2012 AT 3:10 PM

Sorry I meant PCV not PVC.

hmac300

November, 24, 2012 AT 3:44 PM

Scan for codes because you may have a the distributor in the wrong position. I'm also sending tw firing orders as there are two different ones I think your sis the bottom one due to you having ci I think.

Mr_Wizard

November, 24, 2012 AT 4:02 PM

The new distributor and rotor went back into position where I took out the old ones. It is the bottom one. I don't have an OBD scanner and the parts store won't scan anything but OBD 2 so i've been having to do this blind to so speak. Since it's a 95 it's hard to tell if it's OBD 1 or 2 because that was the year it changed. Working with facts and finding theories that fit has been about all I can do and with this exception it's worked so far. Seem like every time I fix one problem another steps up in it's place. I love this truck but from what I hear and understand it was one of the biggest pain in the "rear" years ever made. Thanks for the advice.

Mr_Wizard

November, 24, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

Ok I've replaced the thermostat and the temp problem is fixed. However now when I engage my blower motor for the heater/AC the engine stalls out. Any thoughts on that?

hmac300

November, 24, 2012 AT 11:30 PM

Try cleaning the battery cables see if that helps. Also clean the ground to teh blower motor.

Mr_Wizard

November, 27, 2012 AT 5:24 AM

I'm so glad I'm not having to pay you for this. You have officially turned me against every using this site or any others like it ever again.

hmac300

November, 27, 2012 AT 3:43 PM

Well it takes all kinds being a Wizard I guess you know eveything. Oh try cleaning the throttle plate with choke cleaner to see if that helps your staling out and check your fuel pressureif it's a vin w it should 55-61psi. If vin z 9-13 psi.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet