Toyota 1994 Camry Turns off after ten minutes

TURUCA
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have a 1994 Camry V4 2.2L and I turn on the car and about a few minutes later like ten minutes the car just turns off. The engine just stops. I try turning on again and nothing. Seems like something got hot.
Alternator is new and Fuel pump was just replaced and the fuel filter too and the Distributor and batter is good too.

help! Thanks!
Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 AT 4:07 AM

Pick your symptoms below check and test it and get back with some testing results

Cranks but no start condition:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.
Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 AT 4:23 AM
TURUCA
The car starts but after ten minutes it turns off or the engine shuts down or stops running. I have to let it cool down before it starts again and then again only ten minutes it last so its got to be some sensor that is not working or heats up. I will check the sensors too and well I took it to Autozone and the check engine light was on and the guy got the code 12 which is the knock sensor. Well I dont think that is the problem because that engine light has been on for quite sometime like a year or so more.
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 6:24 AM
Check and monitor the fuel pressure before it stalls out this will tell you if its coming from the fuel pump
Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 9:20 PM
TURUCA
Fixed it was a faulty Distributor. I had a re-manufactured and well OEM is the way to go. I had OEM before when it first went out.

NEW NEW NEW people and shop ebay. Cheaper.
Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 AT 5:58 AM