1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove tire and wheel assembly, then install modified outer seal protector No. J 34754 or equivalent, Fig. 2.
3. Insert a drift punch through the rotor, Fig. 3, then remove axle shaft nut and washer.
4. Remove ball joint, then using tool No. J-28733-A, or equivalent, disengage axle from hub and bearing assembly.
5. On all models, move axle shaft inward, then remove caliper attaching bolts and support caliper.
6. Remove brake rotor, then hub and bearing assembly attaching bolts.
7. Remove hub and bearing assembly.
1. Install hub and bearing assembly, tighten attaching bolts to specification.
2. Install hub and bearing seal, then the brake rotor.
3. Install caliper, tighten attaching bolts to specification.
4. Move axle shaft outward, then insert drift punch through rotor, Fig. 3.
5. Install washer and new shaft nut, tighten shaft nut to specification.
6. Install ball joint, then remove drift punch and seal protector.
7. Install tire and wheel assembly, then lower vehicle.
It's a pretty straight forward job those extra seal's are hub seal's so what doesn't fit the hub assembly?It doesn't mention the hub seal in the hub installation instruction's.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, December 3rd, 2010 AT 4:43 PM