1994 Mercury Sable 94 Mercury Sable wont start

FINACAR1
  • 1994 MERCURY SABLE
My 94 sable was running just fine, until one day it just died and would not start, but will turn over as if it is. So I sent it to a shop and they said it was the distributor, so I had a complete distributor replaced alone with wires and spark plugs and it still will wont start. So I had a guy to check it out and it started and ran around the block once. Then it would not start and if it did it would not stay running, I have a new Constant Control Relay Module, the little back box mounted on the hood, so when trying to start it, I hear the box keep clicking and the fuel pump keeps humming, even if it starts for a little while the box wont stop clicking. Someone please help
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 AT 3:07 PM

Are you getting spark and fuel to the engine?
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 AT 7:47 PM
FINACAR1
I truly thank u for your question, and yes im getting spark and fuel, also it will run for a little while, but wont stay running and u can hear the relay box and fuel pump keeps clicking, and then it just shuts off
-2
Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 AT 8:31 PM
Have you checked the relay?
+1
Thursday, August 8th, 2013 AT 7:09 PM
FINACAR1
Thanks for your reply, im happy to say the car is fixed. The problem was a bad ground in the connector to the Constant Control Relay Module, That little black box mounted on the front of the hood. The connector looked find, but had some corrosion inside, I tryed cleaning it but that did not work. So, I just cut if off and grounded the wires to the grounded from the hood. There also was a #15 fuse blown in the black relay box on the right side under the hood, I really wish I had checked this first, it just my have been the problem and that would have save me a lot of time and money, so after I got a guy to tune it up, it runs just fine. So, if your are having this problem please check relays, ground wires and fuses inside car and under the hood as well. I truly hope this helps someone, THANKS
+2
Monday, August 12th, 2013 AT 6:51 PM
I'm glad you found the problem. I'm sure your post will be helpful for someone. Let us know if you have questions in the future.
Monday, August 12th, 2013 AT 8:49 PM