I HAVE AN RPM HUNTING PROBLEM

1994 Honda Accord

donni g

May, 22, 2012 AT 9:15 PM

I have changed the tp sensor and the thermostat along with plugs and wires what do I do now? The kid I bought the car off of did a motor swap for same motor but now that I'm looking in to it more and more I'm finding wires every where.
No grounds on the thermostat housing( which I dont know where they are supposed to come from). The fan is spliced into the power Windows but when I hook it back up nothing.

The front hose from the radiator has a plug attached at the housing an it has different colored wires than what is hooked up(white with green stripe and black come from car and red with yellow stripe and green with white stripe come from sensor). This about it but will have more questions in future feel like I should fix this first.

fixitmr

May, 22, 2012 AT 9:32 PM

Your best bet may be to invest in a service manual?

May, 23, 2012 AT 2:02 PM

The idling speed is too high causing the hunting. Check the coolant level, FITV and its coolant hoses for clogging. Readjust the idling speed and retest. Check for vacuum leaks.

For 94 models the ground circuit should be at the intake manifold on driver side and not on the thermostat housing.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars