ENGINE WILL NOT START, STARTER IS CRANKING

1994 Ford Taurus

reno29

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:28 PM

My car started the other day sputtered then died out hasnt started since then. It is a 1994 ford taurus with 6 clyl. Checked rotor it is turning

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:54 PM

GOTTA START SOMEWHERE

OTHERS MAY JUMP IN AN HELP

ANY RECENT HISTORY....NOISES....CHECK ENGINE LIGHT....OTHER?

WILL IT TURN OVER GOOD?

DO YOU HEAR THE FUEL PUMP "H.UM" FOR A SECOND OR TWO WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED ON?

DO YOU HAVE FUEL?....STUPID QUESTION....SOMETIMES OVERLOOKED

SEE IF THIS HELPS

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

KEEP US INFORMED

reno29

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:11 PM

I just got gas the night before. No other noises or problems before this started right up.I hear the fuel pump going on also.

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:47 PM

THIS TIME LETS HEAR EXACTLY WHAT MODEL TAURUS YOU HAVE AND ENGINE SIZE

NEXT THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW IS, WAS YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

THEN THE NEXT IS....DO YOU HAVE SPARK?

I TRY TO MAKE THINGS EZ ON MYSELF (I'M USUALLY THE ONE TO GET NAILED BY VOLTAGE, EVEN IF I'M THE ONE STANDING THE FURTHEREST AWAY!!!

I HAVE ACCUMULATED FIVE OF THESE OVER THE YEARS, I KEEP TWO IN EACH JEEP (LIKE MY NAVIGATION COMPASS, I HAVE A "BACKUP" JUST TO LET ME KNOW THE OTHER IS FUNCTIONAL, PEACE OF MIND....IMPRESS OTHERS!)THEY WORK VERY WELL, ARE REALLY INEXPENSIVE, COMPACT, QUICK TO INSTALL AND GET RESULTS----IF IT'S REALLY SUNNY, "ARTIFICIAL SHADE" HELPS TO SEE IT BETTER. OR YOU CAN DO THIS THE OLD FASHION WAY, SHOVE A NAIL OR SIMILAR INTO THE PLUG BOOT AGAINST THE METAL INSIDE, HAVE SOMEONE "CRANK" WHILE YOU HOLD THE WIRE W/ NAIL ABOUT A 1/4 INCH FROM THE MEAL OF THE ENGINE.

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1980-jeep-cj7-v8-wont-startwww.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-In-line-ignition-spark-tester/_/N-268s?counter=1&filterByKeyWord=SPARK+TESTER&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=900800_0_0_

EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE NOT HAD AN INDICATION OF A CODE, DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO MIGHT COME TO YOU AND CODE IT? FAMILY, ACQUAINTANCE, ETC?....I HAVE TALKED AUTO SALVAGE YARD GUYS AND AUTO PARTS STORE FELLERS INTO STOPPING BY, AFTER THEY GOT OFF WORK IN THE PAST (TIPPED THEM WELL), PRIOR TO ME OBTAINING A SCANNER OF MY OWN.

I'M DOWN HERE IN S.C.--IF YOU MIGHT HAPPEN TO BE CLOSE TO ME, I'LL SCAN IT!....JUST GETTING YOU PREPARED, IF NEED BE

ANYWAY--GOT YOUR MISSION RIGHT NOW...SEND RESULTS

December, 19, 2011 AT 7:50 PM

LETS ALSO POP THE HOOD AND POUR IT OVER WELL, LOOKING FOR LOOSE STUFF, BURNT STUFF, CHECK THE FUSES

USING A VOLTMETER WHAT IS YOUR BATTERY VOLTAGE?

IF NOTHING ELSE, DO THE HEADLIGHTS SEEM TO WORK WELL FOR A FEW MINUTES?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe