Won't start after new timing belt installed.

JBSHERRELL
  • 1994 FORD RANGER
My wife's ranger with the 2.3l engine recently broke the timing belt. I replaced the belt and idler/tensioner pulley and the truck started up like it was brand new. Tried starting it several times with no problems. I finished putting everything else back together and started it one more time to try and drive it. As soon as I touched the gas pedal it died and now will only turn over but not start. I replaced the ignition module in hopes that this was the issue, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 5:21 AM

FIXITMR
Check belt?
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 5:24 AM
FIXITMR
Has it got spark and fuel?
-1
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 5:25 AM
JBSHERRELL
It was running great until the belt broke on Saturday. I have checked the belt tention and made sure the timing marks were still lined up correctly, but still no start.
-1
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 5:31 AM
MHPAUTOS
Check for fault codes and check for fuel pressure and spark and injection pulse.
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 7:23 AM
JBSHERRELL
You can hear the fuel pump coming on when you turn the switch on, but I have no spark. Installed new coil packs, still no spark.
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 AT 6:36 AM