WHATS THE LABOR TIME ON CHANGING THE TIMING BELT ON A 3.0 V-6 1993 FORD RANGER 4X4

• kelstercat
  • 1993 Ford Ranger

I need to know how long is the labor time to change the timing belt on my 1993 ford ranger?

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 5:37 AM

• Papajohnslice

Id say it varies on experience, and how well you can read a manual. I personally could do it in the matter of a few hours or less, it varies from person to person and engine to engine, just know, the easier it is to get to, the faster it will be to replace

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 6:07 AM
  • kelstercat

The experience level who will be changing the timing belt is a professional who works in a shop. I just wanted to know what to expect on how much its going to cost.

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 6:22 AM
  • Papajohnslice

Parts and labor (depending on the state you live in) I would say your looking at about 1-200, or $40 if you did it yourself

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 6:26 AM
  • kelstercat

I am looking at "labor time only". How long does it take to put a timing chain in my 1993 Ford Ranger? I would put the parts in my self but I'm too old to do it now. !

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 2:53 PM
  • Docfixit

@5 hrs

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 3:23 PM