WANT TO PUT NEW COUPLING ON FUEL RAIL LINE--HOSE DOES NOT WANT TO COME OFF-

1994 Ford Escort

sunnysue999

March, 15, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

WHAT IS THE BLACK COVERING? ON THE COUPLING ABOVE THE FUEL LINE? TRY TO PULL OFF FUEL LINE, REAL HARD, TURN IT LOOSE IT POPS RIGHT BACK ON? PIC BELOW

fixitmr

March, 15, 2012 AT 9:10 PM

The black rubber? Covering tube is just a protective sheath since hard line inside is plastic material. Are you gonna eliminate fitting?

fixitmr

March, 15, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

Pic is a little to close and slightly blurred.

sunnysue999

March, 15, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

Ij BOUGHT COMPLETE NEW REPLACEMENT COUPLING--PIC IS OF OLD COUPLING--i JUST YANK THAT FUEL LINE OFF AND PUT IT ON NEW PIECE? NEW PIECE DOES NOT HAVE BLACK SLEEVE THING ON IT LIKE THE ONE IN THE PIC DOES--DO I NEED IT ON NEW FITTING?

fixitmr

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:08 PM

My question is why are you wanting to remove it if it dont leak? I still dont know what your tryin ta fix?

fixitmr

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

The 2 o rings are where a leak might occur unless the plastic line on other side is cracked melted. Is the female line ok? How did you get that off connector? Using a removal tool?

sunnysue999

March, 16, 2012 AT 1:06 AM

Car running very bad checking for vacuum leak noticed fuel line connector at fuel rail hissing noise-took fitting off at the top where it joins the fuel rail with a tool I bought at autozone.-(Spring inside coupling looks kindof lopsided-stretched)-old car, decided to replace the coupling. Are you sure that black cover is not part of hose? We keep pulling on it and it stretches and hose won't turn loose. Should I cut hose? It is long enough to cut and put back on fitting. I found a vacuum line, very small, under that fuel line--- thought it was a wire until I saw that it went same place other vacuum lines went. Haven; t checked it--didnt see it until took fitting off---could it have been doing hissing and causing that much bad engine performance? I think I will replace it anyway.

fixitmr

March, 16, 2012 AT 2:10 AM

That may be hissing noise. Or it is coming from something else you havn't found. Fuel lines dont hiss. Changing that fitting can be more trouble than it's worth. That plastic inner line is heat formed to fitting. If it dont leak I would leave it. Is there 1 or 2 of those fittings from fuel rail? Do you have the snap on external safety clip that goes on fitting after reconnect?

sunnysue999

March, 16, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

What else would make it idle rough as a threshing machines every tiem you step on gas--when I let off, it smooths down a lot--roars when I give it gas--shudders, etc. I can drive it but it doesnt like to go uphill. So frustrating I just know it was leaky fuel fitting. 37.00 for that boo boo ----will drown, vacuum lines now that I have found some of them---stupid diagram on hood, diagram from manual no good for me it is just straight lines--and initials of parts I am a dummy or I wouldn't be asking all these fool questions with soapy water maybe get somewhere I just dont have 200.00 to get shop to fix it

fixitmr

March, 16, 2012 AT 4:48 AM

So what else have you looked at? How are plugs/wires?

sunnysue999

March, 16, 2012 AT 6:16 AM

IJ put in new plugs, wires, pcv valve, air filter- water pump timing chain belt accessory belt doesn't use oil, trans good- starts right up - just doesn't run worth a dime after that- it was idling kinda rough reason I did these things--except water pump was leakingput on new starter relay, cooling fan relay, surelly do appreciate your bearing with me. When I get my check next month will make donation if car doesn't break me again. I am on ssi check-

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Change