SAME COUPLING DEVICE OR RUBBER FUEL LINE TO CONNECT TO FUEL RAIL?

• Sunnysue999
  • 1994 FORD ESCORT

1.9 do I have to use the same coupling device on rubber fuel line to connect to fuel rail metal line or can I use another type, hard to find spring lock coupling for car can I use other type? Flexible fuel line---coupling from line to fuel rajil do you have picture of where the line that dips under the car--assume it goes to gas tank but does it have interruption to hook onto what k ind of fitting is that? Can be taken loose to replace?

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

• Fixitmr

Here's a pic of male end. Other end is just strate tubing with small flare to snap under spring inside. Even with spring released they pull apart hard from age I twist when removing they can be very stubborn.

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 8:42 PM
  • Sunnysue999

You are saying that I cant use anything else for a connector? Yes or nn---- this fuel line is hissing---it was loose and I tightened it but the car runs reaally bad---not much power, roars when you give it the gas vibrates shudders it is running so bad -is allof this-CAused by fuel line hole- it is not leaking gasoline--just hisses when engine running at idel engine smooths out abit when going faster

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 AT 10:08 PM
  • Fixitmr

Those connectors are for convenience/safety. You say lane has a hole but no gas comes out? Maybe you can post a pic of what you are describing?

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 AT 6:45 PM
  • Sunnysue999

I HAVE BOUGHT NEW PARTS-- COUPLINGS FOR THESE FUEL LINES--DO I STILL HAVE TO TAKE OLD COUPLING APART TO INSTALL NEW COUPLINGS (THEY COME WITH NEW GARTER SPRINGS AND O RINGS)

Thursday, March 15th, 2012 AT 8:03 AM
  • Fixitmr

We just arn't communicating well. I still dont know what the exact problem is or what you are trying to do with it. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. If you are able to replace old with new then that would be fine.

Thursday, March 15th, 2012 AT 6:00 PM
  • Sunnysue999

AM REPLACING SPRING LOADED COUPLING AS PER PHOTO--ALREADY BOUGHT NEW PARTS--BUT CAN'T GERT FUEL LINE OFF--PULL IT DOWN REA HARD, IT KEEPS POPPPING BACK ON---WHAT IS BLACK COVERING ON COUPLING PER PICTURE---IT IS ONE THE PIECE UNDER THE FUEL LINE

Thursday, March 15th, 2012 AT 8:32 PM
  • Rivermikerat

Most likely an O-ring. Before getting any deeper into this I would check compression on the engine. These Escort engines from this time frame had a bad habit of dropping the intake valve seat. Is it snapping and popping at all?

Friday, March 23rd, 2012 AT 7:03 PM
  • Sunnysue999

WHEN CAR IS SITTING JUST IDLING IT DOESNT HAVE ANY POPPIN OR SNAPPING. NUMBER ONE PISTON VALVE HAS A BIT OF A CLICK--LIKE YOU WOULD GET IF IT NEEDED OIL OR WAS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT. ;HOW WOULD THIS CAUSE IT TO ROAR AND SURGE AND SHAKE SHUDDER WHEN PUSHING GAS PEDAL IN, TO GO, TO GO FASTER--- HOW DO I DO COMPRESSION CHECK?

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 4:34 AM
  • Rivermikerat

Rent or borrow a tool from a parts store. Remove a spark plug and screw the tester fitting into the spark plug opening. Crank the engine over 5-10 times tops. Read the gauge. Release the pressure, remove the fitting and hose, replace the plug, and move to the next.

Roaring is possibly an exhaust leak. Surging and shaking is probably a vacuum leak. Vacuum leaks can be found using carb cleaner.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 4:42 AM
  • Sunnysue999

Hi there got a bagning when hit certain holes if this is strut is it dangerous to drive car would have it off but has frozen bolt need ideas on getting it out except for a whole can of wd40 and hitting with hammer and useing muscle breaker bar does this stuff that freezes it work?

Friday, April 13th, 2012 AT 5:50 PM