94 AIR CONDITION/CLIMATE CONTROL

1994 Chrysler Concorde

PlatinumMOTO

August, 17, 2006 AT 9:00 PM

Lately I've noticed that my climate control/aiir conditioning is possesed. It turns on and off by itself and it blows hot air.

example it's 107 degrees outside and I have the air conditioner running and it starts to cool the car down and then it shuts off and the screen goes blank and starts blowing out hot air through the top vents.

I thought it might be the climate control so I researched it and it's not that then I thought it was the blower motor but it's not that either because it still blows ice cold air.

In order for the air to work and continue to work I have to pull out the climate control box from the dash and make sure there's a lot of tension on it when it's out of the dash otherwise it will just kick off and blow hot air.

well now it's doing even crazier stuff it'll start blowing cold air through the floor vents or the top vents and it won't even say anything on the lcd screen.

sometimes I don't even know if it's on until it suddenly gets really hot in the car or the windows fog up.

What can I do to fix this it's driving me insane. I was going to buy a new climate control but even when I disconnect the unit itself it still comes on. I don't want to buy a new one if the problem won't be solved.

Thank you for any and all your help.

A/c

Air Conditioning

PlatinumMOTO

August, 22, 2006 AT 4:03 AM

I disconnected the blower motor fuse but it still feels like it blows out hot air just not as fast.

jpam

September, 10, 2006 AT 3:11 AM

I havent got to play with around with digitial/push button controls on chrysler products. But it does sound like it could climate control center that is messing. Sounds like its faulty. If you havent yet you could talk to your local chrysler dealer to make sure. Welll good luck

jess s

jschmidt

June, 21, 2007 AT 8:44 AM

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 94 AND I HAVEN'T FOUND A SOLUTION YET.

Gussie3

August, 28, 2007 AT 12:27 PM

Yes what you described is your climate control module. I had the exact thing wiht my 96 Concorde and it eventually went out completely. When it goes completely out there is no display and you get hot air at high speed from the defroster. Miine went out in July on 100 degree day. The part is almost $500 from the dealer or I searched the web and bought a refurb unit for $75. Contact Digital Dash Solutions at 800-583-0629 or digital_dash_solutions@comcast. Net They had it to me in two days and worked perfectly. Great customer service too.

Gus

lonewolf1218

May, 28, 2010 AT 9:51 PM

I am going through that now with my 1995 concorde.I just bought the car last week. The a/c controls worked but the digatal display didnt come on. It started blowing out of my defrost vents on high cold.I went to the junk yard and bought one there, put it in and it didnt work. Took out the relay switch that is in the back of the a/c controls and put in the relay switch from the old unit, worked for a few hours then went out again. Took out the relay switch and the unit worked without the relay switch in it. How is that possible?The unit later quit and still dosent work.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace