Heater not working

HADEMARRE
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
The heater in my 1994 Chevy Silverado 4.3L does not blow very warm air, does it have a heater control valve? If so where is it located?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 8:32 PM

KEN
Hey

This sounds like a blend door actuator has gone bad which is super common on those trucks, here is a guide that will show you how to fix it. Your truck does not have a heater control valve.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If not too hot to hold, then you have to look at the actual engine temp and if that is up, if it is, then your looking at a restricted heater core.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

If you find that they are both too hot to hold, then the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. it is operated by an electric motor/actuator.

The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

If they are both not too hot to hold on to, then you either have a restricted heater core or the system is not completely full and getting air pockets for some reason.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 9:31 PM
LEOR.
My AC works but have no heat on my 1994 chevy silverado Yes I checked the hoses both are heating up, every time I adjust to heat nothing happened? So I came across this guide and it showed me the problem I replaced it and saved $$$ thanks guys!
+3
Monday, January 9th, 2017 AT 8:20 AM
KEN
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Saturday, January 14th, 2017 AT 11:59 PM