94 L65 (VIN F) STALLS WHEN WARM

1994 Chevrolet Truck

Davewithdiesel

May, 17, 2012 AT 7:55 AM

My 94 chevy diesel 6.5 turbo diesel keeps stalling I have relocated the PMD from a plate above the engine to down into the bumper It helped for about 6 months or so but now it is doing it again in the past there was a small leak by the fuel filter I replaced all the low pressure fuel lines, the fuel filter and fuel pump relay, the last time it stalled the pickup pump fuel bowl the pickup pump had a loose wire I purged the air and got it about a block and it stalled again but this time the pickup was pumping
is there a way to test the fuel shutoff solenoid? Is the pmd finally finished can I test it I have a new one but don't want to put it in until I get this entire problem resolved I also don't get any reading on my temp gauge I tested the circuit by grounding the green wire and it did read max hotI then replaced the coolant temp sensor with no change I have good ground at the casing I even grounded the casing connected the green wire and put it in boiling water and the gauge still read low. I have tried to follow wiring diagrams but seem to be stuck with both problems
Thaks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

May, 17, 2012 AT 8:55 AM

Does it fire back up easily when it stalls if so the injection pump is failing-if you have to wait check the PMD

Davewithdiesel

May, 17, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

When I moved the old pmd just bought time is that why the move made the problem stop for a while? Does it have to wait everytime it stalls to be the pmd? And the pmd is not as hot now that it is moved after a stall

May, 17, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

It points to the PMD if you have to wait-

Davewithdiesel

May, 17, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

Should I put heatsink compound between the pmd and the mounting plate or anything between there
?

May, 17, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

If you think it will work try it and see what happens

Davewithdiesel

May, 18, 2012 AT 1:41 AM

Installed new pmd seems to run great feels like more power Going for another test drive in a few but noticed the fuel gauge rises and falls with the sloshing of the fuel when I punch it or hit the breaks am I looking at the baffle needing to be replaced? Or am I lucky enough to have to replace the fuel tank senting unit
float

Davewithdiesel

May, 18, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

It ran for about an hour filled the tank and started to head home and it stalled again started with in a min of it stalliing twice more stalled on the way home I think maybe the enjection pump is on iits way too
?