MY 94 K1500

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

zdaily

February, 14, 2013 AT 6:37 PM

My 94 k1500. 5.7 tbi. Is having some driving problems. Idling the truck is sound, but from first gear to 3rd it is kind of all over the place. I can't hold a constant speed. It fluxuates speed and rpm. I had the motor rebuilt and the machinist put a bigger cam in the truck but I don't know what to do with the pcm. Where it is, what it does or anything. If you could help me figure this out I'd be greatful

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 7:58 PM

Check for a vacuum leakthe gasket under the tbi blows and cause that also check the hose going to the map sensor on firewall, if it's soft get anew one because it may be sucking together not allowing map to work right. Check fuel pressure it should be 9-11 psi.

zdaily

February, 15, 2013 AT 6:38 PM

Had a mechanic check all pressure, and timing says it's running perfect. The hose on the map sensor is hard as a rock. My cold air k& n intake is missing a stud because of the install before I had the truck. The hole for the stud is about a quarter of an inch. I took the throttle body off the truck and cleaned regasketed and added new filters to the fuel injectors.

hmac300

February, 15, 2013 AT 6:52 PM

If the hose is hard as arock it shold be like anew piece of vacuum hose replace. Is it leaking ari around the stud? It shouldn't otherwise that will cause problems for maf. The pcm shold be in the kick panel on passenger side but dont' think that is the problem it might be a prom but that should show up when scanned. And you probably can't get another prom now anyhow due to age. Can't offer any other suggestions on this one.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions