NO FUEL IN THROTTLE BODY

• lincolns
  • 1992 Chevrolet Silverado

I have a 1992 Silverdo. I have put new fuel pump and filter. I still cannot get fuel in throttle body. What is the problem.

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 10:08 PM

• caradiodoc

What's the symptom? Do you have fuel pressure to the throttle body? Can you hear the pump run for one second after turning on the ignition switch? Have you checked for spark?

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 10:18 PM
  • lincolns

Yes have fuel to throttle body and sparks fine.

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 10:24 PM
  • lincolns

Can pour gas in throttle body and engine will run

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 10:24 PM
  • caradiodoc

Ahh. The gas pourage is the real fast clue. Common causes of the injectors not firing are the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. Most engines won't have spark either when one of them fails but some engines will. Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes? A failed sensor should set a code but that will erase and might not come back if the battery was disconnected. Those codes usually won't turn on the Check Engine light because only codes that can adversely affect emissions must turn the light on. A failed cam or crank sensor can't increase emissions if the engine doesn't run.

Sunday, February 26th, 2012 AT 10:46 PM